Experiencing that wonderful feeling of falling in love is a fantastic sensation. Being part of a mutually loving relationship is something everyone craves and is a nice position to be in. However, the sad part of it is that in life, even good things come to an end. All too often it happens without warning, and that only makes it worse.
Perhaps you have recently gone through a break up and are feeling sad because it’s over. Well, there may be some hope, the vast majority of people in similar situations have been able to patch things up.
So, if you’re wondering about getting back with an ex after a breakup I have a few tips and guidelines that may just help.
The chances are high you’re feeling emotionally muddled right now. I understand, these are normal feelings to have. Trust me, most people have felt this way before, and have come through the other side just fine.
So what are the pro’s and con’s of getting an ex back?
Getting back together with an ex can mean you both reach a better level of appreciation and understanding. Not getting back together again may be a bit difficult to deal with. If you have been apart from your ex-partner for long, there is a tendency that they may start dating other people while you are out of the picture. This can be very painful and difficult to bear. To avoid these painful situations I recommend you stick to the tips I describe below in order to give yourself the best chance of getting the love of an ex back.
So what are the best tips for getting back with an ex and maintaining a loving, lasting relationship?
1. Always be honest with your ex-partner. Even though the break down in your relationship may be the result of many things, one recurring factor that pops up time and time again is the lack of trust in a relationship. This is something you have to work on, for a relationship without trust is a doomed relationship and makes the chances of getting back together much more slim.
Think of what may have triggered the break-up? Should you wish to get back with your ex, figuring out what was the underlying reason for the split is a necessary step. Getting to the bottom of the problem could be somewhat distressing, however it’s vital if you want to clear the air with your ex-partner before re-starting a new relationship.
2. Learn to listen. The problem with the majority of people is that while they think they are listening, they are in fact mealy ‘hearing’. To completely listen, you will need to focus on what your ex says, then respond based on what they have just said, sounds simple but it really needs your attention and focus. Attentive listening brings about better understanding and may just be what you need to salvage your relationship.
3. Be sensible and reasonable. Try to objectively assess your current probability of rekindling your faltering relationship, and accept the initial decision your ex-partner makes. Don’t fret if that decision is not the one you want, this decision may change with time and the right approach.
4. Go ahead and take some time to work through your emotions, but don’t get stuck on them. If your goal is to get your ex back after a break-up, then you’re going to need a clear head from here on in. One thing that will help you to clear your head is to break off all contact with your ex-partner for a period of time.
This won’t be permanent, but it has to be long enough so the two of you can work through some of what has happened and your own feelings. There will come a time when the two of you can work through it together, but you each need to come to terms with it on your own first. ‘No contact’ means no communication whatsoever. They will eventually start to miss you in due time and hopefully will be the one to break the no contact rule and initiate contact.
5. Watch out for signs that your ex wants you back. One such sign could be that your ex is always on the phone to you, this could mean that they haven’t really gotten over you. It’s just not that common to stay in touch with someone after you break up, unless there is more going on. If you really want your ex back in your life, this could be the best invitation that glaringly says “jump right back in”. If so, grab it with open arms
Getting back with an ex after a breakup isn’t impossible, but you really need to approach it in the right way. Apart from following some of the tips I’ve already mentioned you also have to remember to be on your best behavior, letting the situation get the better of you and acting in a negative way toward an ex by arguing, criticizing or bringing up situations from the past and throwing it in your partners face isn’t going to help you get your lover back. Good luck and if you have any tips you can add please leave them in the comment section below.
Broken Up With Your Ex And Want To Get Them Back?
Here’s a short video that has some great tips to get you started.