After a break-up is it possible to get him back? Well, the truth of it is that its not easy! If he is the one who broke off the relationship, it will be hard to win him back. However, that does not mean all is lost. There are a few steps you can take to try and reconnect on a romantic level. If you were the one who called off the courtship, it may be a bit easier.
Before you proceed, make certain you are sure of what you want. One or both of you is hurting and causing more pain is certainly not the goal. If you are determined that he is the one for you, here are a few tips to get you back on track and in his arms.
The first step is to initiate communication. Pick up the phone and give him a call. Play it cool! Seeming desperate is unattractive and will not likely get you an audience with your ex. While you want to play it cool, don’t over do the ‘I’m great, life has never been better’ routine either. Try to be yourself, just level your emotions and keep them in check. Be casual and talk about neutral things. Try to subtly find out if he is currently seeing anyone. You shouldn’t assume he hasn’t moved on! Eventually every one does. If he is unattached, you can move to the next step.
Once you have an open line, perhaps you can meet for coffee, or some other easy and casual (but noncommittal) meeting place. A piece of advice, try and schedule it about a week in advance if you can. This gives you time to go to the gym, get a manicure and make yourself look the best you can!
Don’t wear your track suit to this meet! While you want to keep it cool and friendly, show off your best you. The next step will probably be the most difficult. When you finally meet, controlling your emotions may not be that easy. It is important though, that you act as good friends, not lovers! Usually, within about 30 minutes you will know if its going to work or not. Pay attention to what he says and how he reacts.
Remember that 90% of the time, getting back together with your boyfriend is a mistake. If this is true in your case, don’t fret, move on. There is someone out there for you. There is no need to settle! The good news is for the other 10%. They are the couples that reconnect after some maturing and growing and find that they are meant to be with one another. So if you are looking for guidelines to help get your boyfriend back, remember it can be done. Proceed with caution and keep your head. You will know soon enough if you two, are meant to be!